The 2024 Ford Mustang, as one of the final muscle vehicles to have a real V-8, could be the best-performing factory Mustang to date. Even the base EcoBoost-powered model is quick and maneuverable, while the iconic GT with its 5.0-liter V-8 and the new track-ready Dark Horse variant proudly carry the eight-cylinder torch, even as Chevy retires the Camaro and Dodge retires the current Challenger.
The S650 remains a performance bargain in any guise. But which one is best for you? To assist you with your purchase decision, here is a quick reference of every 2024 Mustang trim available and the equipment. Each comes in both Coupe and Convertible form.
The 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Fastback features a solid roof, and Ford’s 2.3-liter turbocharged EcoBoost I-4 engine under the hood.
The single transmission option is a ten-speed automatic (the manual from last year is no longer available), and standard equipment is ample. The following characteristics are included:
- Sync 4 comes included with a 13.2-inch Center stack Touchscreen
- Ford Co-Pilot360, which includes lane-keeping assistance, auto-high beam headlights, and pre-collision help with emergency braking.
- 6-speaker audio system
- The rear axle ratio is 3.15, with a limited-slip differential.
- Automatic transmission with ten speeds
2024 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Convertible
The 2024 Mustang EcoBoost Convertible is the same as the Fastback, except it loses the fixed roof in favor of a power-folding cloth convertible top with the following standard features:
- 9-speaker Sound System with Amplifier, AM/FM Stereo MP3 capable
- FordPass™ Connect with 4G LTE Wi-Fi hotspot
- Dual-Zone Electronic Automatic Temperature Control
- 12.4″ LCD Digital Cluster with Information on Demand Message Center
- Intelligent Access with Push-button Start
- Lane-Keeping System with Lane-Keeping Alert, Lane-Keeping Aid and Driver Alert, Road Edge Detection and Blind Spot Assist
2024 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium Fastback
The following standard items are added to the Mustang Fastback when you upgrade to the EcoBoost model’s Premium trim level:
- Ambient lighting and a 9-speaker sound system
- Interior rearview mirror with auto-dimming
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with a flat bottom
- Premium Door Trim
- 12.4-inch LCD Digital Cluster with On-Demand Information
- Pedals made of aluminum
- Intelligent Access with a Starter Button.
- Automatic dual-zone climate control Pad for wireless charging
- Lumbar control
- 6-way power Seats wrapped in ActiveX material for the driver and four-way power passenger. Both seats are heated and cooled as well.
- Pony light projections
- Side view mirrors with body color, heated, and integrated turn signals
Aluminum 18×8.0-inch wheels with high-gloss black painted pockets
2024 Ford Mustang EcoBoost Premium Convertible
The Premium version of the EcoBoost Convertible is outfitted similarly to the Fastback, with the following exceptions:
- 18×8.5-inch Ebony Black-painted aluminum wheels
- Active noise cancellation
- Electronic-locking center console
2024 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
If you want the entry-level version of the last V-8 muscle car, consider the 2024 Ford Mustang GT Fastback.
The GT is equipped similarly to the ordinary EcoBoost Fastback, with the exception of its 5.0-liter V-8 and standard manual transmission (the 10-speed automatic is optional here). That is, you will have the same standard features as the EcoBoost Fastback.
- Vented hood
- Wedge decklid spoiler painted in body color
- 3.55 rear axle ratio with a limited-slip differential
- 6-speed manual transmission with rev-matching (the 10-speed is optional)
- Mini-spare wheel and tire
- 18×8.5 Ebony Black-painted Aluminum Wheels
- 14-inch front and rear brake rotors with four-piston front calipers (two-piston rear)
- Leather-wrapped, flat-bottom steering wheel
- Black foot pedals in place of aluminum
- Single-zone climate control
- The 6-speaker sound system in place of the nine-speaker sound system
- FordPass Connect with 4G LTE WiFi hotspot
2024 Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback
The GT lineup skips over a base-level GT convertible—there is no non-Premium-spec GT counterpart to the entry-level EcoBoost droptop—and directly to the Premium-level GT Fastback.
The GT Premium includes the same standard equipment as the Mustang GT Fastback, as well as the following:
- Pony Projection Lights
- Body-color, heated, and turn signal-integrated side view mirrors with puddle lamps
- 19×8.5 Shadow Silver-painted aluminum wheels
- Universal Garage Door Opener
- Heated steering wheel
- Premium door trim
- Aluminum foot pedals
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- 9-speaker sound system with amplifier
- Wireless charging pad
- 6-way power with lumbar control driver and four-way power passenger seats with heating and cooling on both seats